Technical Consultant (Part Time)
The Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating (CIPH) is a not-for-profit trade association founded in Montreal in 1933. We represent the interests of our more than 260 member companies and their over 20,000 employees across Canada. Our members manufacture, sell, and distribute Plumbing, Heating, Hydronics, Industrial PVF and Waterworks products and services. The position of Technical Consultant (Part Time) will assist in the technical advice for policy development and coordination with CIPH departments and allied industry organizations. This position will be technical and will be viewed as resource for the association in the plumbing and heating areas
The position is virtual with occasional travel and will report to the President & General Manager.
- Assume an advisory role for staff and our members to better serve core competencies/constituencies and the industry in general. This includes coordinating with the association’s technical operation as well as educational programs.
- Provide CIPH staff with advice on codes, standards and regulatory activities of all products in every vertical and on the impact of codes/standards in areas such as national model codes, provincial codes and municipal bylaws.
- Provide technical and policy guidance and support in government relations activities at the provincial and federal levels including energy efficiency and water conservation initiatives. Assist in the response to changes in codes, standards and regulations with staff.
- Provide education and training on codes and standards process and changes to members and their employees.
Essential Skills, Experience and Education
- Up to 10 years’ experience in the codes and standards process. Experience in the technical requirements of plumbing, heating cooling, pipe, hydronics, valves and fittings as well as relevant codes council governing industry products
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A history of delivering on commitments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Degree in engineering, mechanical engineering preferred.
Please submit your resume and along with salary expectations to:
Ralph Suppa, CAE | President & General Manager