The Plumbing Industry Advisory Council (PIAC) is a council within CIPH that promotes uniformity in Canadian plumbing codes, regulations and standards. Our purpose is:
- To promote uniformity in Canadian plumbing codes, regulations and standards.
- To ensure that any deviations from uniformity are necessary.
- To inform, educate and lobby as necessary to achieve uniformity.
- To maintain a working liaison with standards writing organizations, certification organizations, code writing bodies, inspection authorities and government ministries.
- To serve as a technical advisory committee in the evaluation and development of plumbing codes and regulations, standards, certification to standards and interpretation of plumbing codes.
- To evaluate and provide comment and/or technical advice as necessary regarding proposed changes to regulations which affect product.
The Plumbing Industry Advisory Council was created in August 1970 to provide the industry source of technical information and viewpoints to CSA International, and ultimately to the Chief Plumbing Inspectors and code writers who make up the Canadian Advisory Council on Plumbing.