Join Peter Norman, Chief
Economist at Altus Group as he shares his views on current economic conditions
in Canada and key trends likely to impact construction spending in the present and beyond.
“What a Year Its Been: What a Year Ahead!”
1. The economy, housing market and construction sector: 2020 pre- and post-COVID and what could possibly lie ahead?
2. Outlook for residential and commercial and construction through 2021.
3. Outlook for renovation spending with implications on plumbing & heating dollars.
4. Residential Construction: Will the pandemic change what and where homebuyers will buy?
5. Commercial sector: Expect newbuilds to shift to CAPEX as changes in workplace needs dominate.
6. Findings from original Altus Economics research including results from the Altus Home Buyer Intentions Index.
7. Government sector investments: will infrastructure investment be part of a COVID economic recovery plan?
BONUS: You will have an opportunity to ask questions.
Peter Norman is a well-known professional land economist and forecaster and is Vice President and Chief Economist at Altus Group. Widely quoted in the Canadian media, Mr. Norman is a frequent expert witness on economic matters and leads a national team of economic consultants advising private and public sector organizations across Canada, providing economic intelligence and strategic information.
Mr. Norman earned a BA at Trent University and an MA at the University of Guelph, has sat on the Executive Committee of the Toronto Association of Business an Economics, the Economic Research Committee of the Canadian Home Builders' Association and is a member of the Association of Ontario Land Economists and a member of Lambda Alpha International, an Honourary Society for the Advancement of Land Economics.
Peter lives with his wife and four children in Toronto.