CIPH is an industry leader in keeping organizations up to date with current standards and codes.
Keep up with our codes and standards news updates.
The National Standards System
- The National Standards System is the network of organizations and individuals involved in voluntary standards development, promotion and implementation in Canada
- Under the Standards Council of Canada Act, the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is mandated with overseeing the National Standards System.
Why do standards matter?
- Standards have ensured the safety and performance of products & services for over 25 years
- The National Standards System has more than 15,000 Canadian members
- More than 400 organizations have been accredited by SCC
How do Certifications and Codes Work?
- Products are considered “listed” or “approved” when they have been tested, and certified by an accredited certification organization AND they appear in a list of certified products in either an electronic or hard copy directory published by that organization.
- Testing and certification involves an initial independent, third-party evaluation of a product to determine if the product conforms to applicable standards.
The following certification organizations have been accredited to test/certify plumbing product for Canada:
Full List of Certification Marks
- Most provinces in Canada have adopted the model National Plumbing Code which can be enforced via regulation by a building or plumbing inspector.
Unsure if your province has adopted the codes? Take a look at the current schedule of codes or find your province.